Re: glob'in the MANPATH (Was: Altering the MANPATH in RPM)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, James Olin Oden wrote:
> > I was first thinking making these better configurable options,
> > but the package does not use recent autoconfigure, so I simply
> > made patches active by default. NOCONFIGD and NOGLOB can
> > consequtively disable the features if not desired.
> >
> I would think that that is something that the gnu man mainteners could
> get perfect if they want.  Also, if I understand you right NOCONFIGD and
> NOGLOB are config file directives, so that is easy enough for someone to
> turn off.  Also, its the kind of feature that unless you use it intentionally
> it won't be activated (i.e. no globbing will occur until a path contains
> a glob char).

No, actually NOCONFIGD and NOGLOB are c-preprosessor directives,
thus directives have meanin only at build time.

I don't think this is major drawback or is it? Should it really
be configurable by the man config file? Not that it would be hard
to add, but is there really need?

I'm basing my point to it's _the distributor_ that should
decide wether they like other packages touch the main config
or support config directory... if the distributor does not
compile in the support, then there is no use admin adding
that directive later to main config and if the distributor
has activated the support then if admin disables using the
directive then he breaks the other packages, right?

:-) riku

--
    [ This .signature intentionally left blank ]