Re: Is skipjack 7.3 beta

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 06:52, Kevin Waterson wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:23:34 +0300
>
> A question. Many seem of the opinion that skipjack is indeed a beta of 7.3
> I was unaware it was a beta release. I was thinking it was, as you say,
> simply a 7.2.92 and 7.2.93 version.
>
> I have seen no official release saying it is 7.3 beta 8.0 beta or simply
> 7.2.*

Skipjack is a Beta version of Red Hat Linux.  It is not specifically a
7.3 beta, nor is it an 8.0 beta.  It is simply a beta version.  In the
future, Red Hat may decide to do a new, non-beta release with a shorter
version number, but beta's are not officially tied to a future version
number.

Thanks.
Peter