how to install Rawhide?

--- Adam Dingle <adam@medovina.org> wrote:
> I discovered Red Hat's Rawhide FTP directory
> (ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/) not
> long ago, and I've
> successfully grabbed a few packages from it and
> installed them on top of my
> Red Hat 7.2 installation.  OK, so now I've decided
> I'm ready to head further
> out onto the bleeding edge - I'd like to install
> Rawhide in its entirety.

If you *REALLY* want to install rawhide in it's
entirety, you can just upgrade all of your packages
using the -Uvv --force --nodeps flags to rpm. That
most likely won't get you very far, unless you write a
small script to "pick out" the rpms that you already
have installed. I wouldn't recommend installing any of
these packages unless you are ready to have a
completely broken machine (in case you haven't read
the docs, you get to own _ALL_ the pieces that are
left when you are done) Most of the packages that are
introduced in Rawhide aren't for public consumption.
They either have a ton of dependency issues that you
can't solve unless you have or are willing to build
the packages that solve them, OR they are just plain
broken, or they break other things.
     SO, if you STILL want to install Rawhide, and you
are SURE you know what you are doing, then the fastest
way is to upgrade the packages by hand and learn as
you go along. Don't blame us when your machine starts
"rolling" though. <G>

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <RedHat Certified Engineer>