large files?

What prompted my hypothetical system question is I'm in the process
of specing out a new file server and I thought maybe someone here
would know if the setup would overcome the 2 gig limit I'm
experiencing with our current server.

The setup with the 2 gig barrier is running RH 6.1 (2.2) on a Pentium
box with Samba 2.05a with software RAID tools serving ~100 gigs of
drive space. Attempts to copy files larger than 2 gigs fail. I
couldn't find documentation on the Red Hat or Samba sites to
determine the cause.

So is everyone saying that, except for some applications not
programmed to deal with large files, RH7.2 on a dual pentium box
running Samba should be able to deal with and serve files larger than
2 gigs? That it's basically a 2.4 kernel thing?

Thanks,
-terry

--
-terry