file placement question (FHS?)

Hello list.
I made a package of an anti-virus program but I can't decide where
to place its virus definitions database files. It doesn't have its own
directory structure, so I have to place all files manually.
The virus db files are 'shareable', so according to FHS they should be in
/usr/share/<name>. But they are checked and, if necessary, updated on
a daily basis, so this qualifies as 'frequently modified' and should go
into /var.
For now I placed them in /usr/share/<name>, but I'm still not sure.
Any insight is welcome.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>