pthread_mutexattr_setpshared? Alternatives?

Hello,
is there a way to create process-shared mutexes in Red Hat Linux 7.* ?
Currently, calling pthread_mutexattr_setpshared with PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED
gives me ENOSYS.  Is this going to change anytime soon?
Is there *any* implementation for process-shared synchronization objects in
the Linux kernel?
Please CC me if responding to the list, as I'm on digest mode.
Thanks!
- Yuval

"My opinions may change but not the fact that I am right."