Windows Servers vs Linux

Even though I can not currently access the web server, the best would seem to
be www.unix-vs-nt.org though some may claim it is not objective.

Here is link to a set of IBM articles on the performance of Linux vs Windows
of the different IPC, etc. - memcopy's, threads, pipes, and such. This would
give you an idea of how fast/slow your app would preform on each OS.
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/papers.nsf/dw/linux-papers-byauthor?OpenDocument&Start=1&Count=500&Expand=8