Better File systems? Was Re: XFS - here's the solution

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 02:41, Kort E Patterson wrote:

> My current project uses ext3 on "/boot" and "/" Raid-1 partitions
> (boots off the raid partitions so raid-1 support must also be
> compiled directly into the kernel, and the --omit-raid-modules
> option used with mkinitrd).  I haven't had any problems I didn't
> create for myself.

Using journalised filesystems on /boot is overkill, because write
operations on that partition are extremely rare. Plus, the journal
consumes some disk space.
/boot is better when mounted as Ext2, and turn sync on:

LABEL=/boot	/boot	ext2	sync	1 2

--
Florin Andrei

The ability to remember useless stuff is inversely related to
the useful knowledge in one's head.