Re: The reiser4 programming style is recursive?

Ralph Ulrich wrote:
> Edward Shishkin wrote:
>
>>> will get there first!
>>>
>> And what? I don't see any problems if someone gets it prior
>> to reiser4.
>>

>>> Edward, we are all waiting, what do you need for help?
>>>
>> To maintain at least one reiser4 subsystem would be real help..
>> However, it requires a victim in the person of some student(s),
>> who is ready to kill the best years by sitting in front of monitor
>> and studying reiser4 sources..
>>

> Upto recently I had a gentoo linux with your patches running on reiser4
> without problems (but with gentoo.org politics at the moment).
>
> Edward, what do you mean "reiser4 subsystem",

examples of subsystems:

in kernel:
. transaction manager;
. flush manager;
. tree operations (balancing);
. unix file plugin;

in user-space:
. libaal and reiser4progs

> "studying reiser4 sources" - debugging?

Currently there is nothing to debug, at least for beginners.

The best way is to start with writing something useful, say
xattrs support, or (meta)data checksums support.

Edward.