Re: RHEL vs SUSE

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: RHEL vs SUSE
From: Aaron Bliss <abliss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list' <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/30/2008 04:27 PM

You may want to look at centos instead of fedora.  Binary equivalent of
RedHat ES.  We use RedHat for our most critical boxes, just to be able to
call someone if we need to, even though we never do, and use centos
essentially whenever possible.  For most issues, we post to this list, as we
rarely run into a problem that someone else hasn't already tackled.

Aaron

Unfortunately what I'm working with are people that do not believe in "free" versions. Even if I explained that it was a copy of RHEL it is still free and therefore inferior in their eyes. Spare me any antidote. :)

RHEL or SUSE are the only options on the table.

I would be using Fedora, but everyone knew I was using that and said "No." quite readily. Ugh.