Re: SUGGESTON FOR: HIGH END MAIL SERVER

I do not have idea, but I know we are goging to start with 3,00,000 user
initially.

let us say 20 per day per user so 20 x  3,00,000. Aproximate.

On 2/18/07, Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, nilesh vaghela wrote:

> Any thing regarding server or servers.
>
> If any body can tell me the existing hardware setup for high end mail
> server.

How much mail do you envisage processing per day?

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/sysadmin/2007/01/05/fingerprinting-mail-servers.html

>> Interesting article, but this doesnt represent much of the net as they
>> even admit, also certainly doesnt reflect the state of this country.
>>
>> Those figures are completely flawed, since theres a damn sight more
>> than 20K plesk boxes out there alone, not to mention all the other MTAs
>> running qmail without plesk and since qmail and vpopmail are superior
>> to anything in the hosted domains world, I can't beleive those figures
>> for qmail at all, thereby voiding the other results.
>>
>> The only way they can really do it, is to spend a month testing every
>> domain, results without dupe IP's showing close as unique as we
>> can really get. If the claim they can test 400K in a couple of hours no
>> reason they cant do the lot in a month.  If its too hard, maybe they
can
>> ask netcraft.
>>

>> --
>> Cheers
>> Res
>>
>> "We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie
>>

>> --

Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
74, Nalanda Complex, Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info