Re: Working outside window

Thanks but still got problem. See below.

Stuart Sears wrote:
On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 01:14 +0800, Ong Ying Ying wrote:

Hi all. Firstly, for all the questions below, I DON'T WANT to enter window.
how do you feel about entering google?

What command can I use to dial-out to ISP without going into window? What are the files that I need to setup?
wvdial always worked for me, although I must say it is a long time since
I used dial-up for anything.

wvdial can get a connection to the ISP but it got sort of stuck. I went
into window but cannot get into any site.

Also, what are needed/setup and how to retrieve my emails using uucp
cause it is not a pop3 account?
I am looking into uucp and getting confuse now. What software can I use to read the emails received?

What is the meaning of m in config-2.4.20-8? Example CONFIG_MICROCODE=m
it means that this kernel feature will be built as a loadable kernel
module,rather than being compiled in directly

Then what does y mean? Example, CONFIG_MODULES=y