Re: troubles installing redhat workstation WS Version 3

Since you said you purchased RHELv3 WS you can login to your Red Hat Network account (https://rhn.redhat.com) and go to "Channels". When you go to the RHELv3 WS section you will find an area called "Downloads". Go there and you will find the lastest CD's to download.

Ed,

okay I found the section - do I need to download just the update 3 Disc or do
I need to get the update 2 and update 1 versions as well?

also should I download the binary CDs or the source CDs as well?

You only need the disks associated with Update 3....

rhel-3-U3-i386-ws-disc1.iso

etc....

No need for the source CD's.

Ed

-- "I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"