Re: What is this "root=LABEL=/" stuff?

Does anyone know what kernel option allows the kernel to recognise
partition labels ? I had recompiled a stock kernel earlier this week and
had the exact same problem - after compile and reboot the kernel no longer
recognised root=LABEL=/ as a valid option and I had to replace this with
the physical root device in fstab and grub.conf

The drives are definatly labeled and all I can think of is that there must
be an option somewhere in the kernel to tell it to recognise device
labels. Anyone know if this is the case and how to re-enable it ?

--
Steve.