Re: Redhat, Postfix & Autoresponder

Feb 24 at 11:57, Paul Dean wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a howto anywhere on setting up an email autoresponder.
> I'm running Redhat 8.0 with postfix on the server. The clients are windooze with outlook express.
> Thanks,
> Paul

I found something accidently when running Webmin. If you have Webmin
installed log in and go to the Postfix Configuration. Then click on Mail
Aliases. Enter the address for the incomming email (ie.; ``info'') then
in the box below select ``Autoreply from file'', and in the box to the
right of that the full path name of the file that will be sent.
Save that then test it. On my Mandrake it didn't work right off, so I
read the bounce message and found that a file wasn't where Post expected
it to be. I did a whereis search for that file, found it, and copied it
to where Postfix expected it. After that the autoresponder worked.

On a side note, I'm wondering how I can set up a ``followup''
autoresponder, so when someone sends in a email to the autoresponder one
file is sent immediatly, and more files after a time interval, say,
one file every 8 days in sequence until about 30 or so files are sent.
Anyone know how this can be done?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.