Re: support for controller and Serial ATA

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

On Thursday 19 February 2004 12:40 am, Edward Dekkers wrote:

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

Another thing I'm considering is to use Serial ATA card and Serial ATA
drives instead, because they're faster.

Is this true? I've never seen anything beat Ultra 320 SCSI with 15K drives in striped RAID.

I don't know if you compare it with SCSI. I was referring to comparing it with regular IDE hard drive, SATA is faster with almost the same price. And surely it's more cost efficient compares to SCSI.

RDB

Sorry - the original post said something about a SCSI disk failing, hence I assumed we were talking SCSI drives.

Regards,
Ed.