Re: Rh9 and compaq 1600 ProLiant

Rudolf A. A. wrote:

Hello,
We want change our NT server to RedHat9, and want to know if RH9 can be installed and run normally on Compaq 1600 ProLiant. ?
Thanks in advance
Rudolf

Its not so much the Make/Model of the PC, rather what is inside the box that counts.

Find out what video, audio etc. devices are in the system to see whether they are compatible with Linux. Or do a search on google to see whether someone has already used this combination successfully.

As a side note - I have yet to find something which doesn't run Linux myself, but there are some weird device combinations out there so YMMV.

Regards,
Ed.