Logging sftp file transfers

I want to know when a particular user adds a new .html file to our Web site. I only need this information for one user. After the file is transferred, a script will reset permissions for the file - so I need the file name. We use sftp for file transfers.

I know that sftp log-ins are listed in /var/log/secure but it's not enough information for what I want to do.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks.

BACKGROUND: Our Web editors (human type) use Macromedia Contribute for working on pages. We need 755 or 775 permissions for the pages to use SSI and Contribute is resetting to 664 by default (even though the documentation states it will not change permissions).

I've done some pretty extensive testing with the umask command and it does seem to be a Contribute problem, not an sftp or umask problem.
--
Peter Fleck
Webmaster | University of Minnesota Cancer Center