Re: sendmail queues mail when not using dns

Make sure you have a mail relay host set up. If you have a central mail server then all of your clients should send their queued mail directly to the main mail relay and not even bother with MX lookups.

Marvin Blackburn wrote:

We have a system that must use /etc/hosts for name resolution.
When we set it up, mail queues and does not get sent.

In addition, neither nslookup nor dig return any valid information.
(nslookup works in  hpux in this situation).

nsswitch.conf is looking only to files for host entry.

Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
Marvin Blackburn
Systems Administrator
Glen Raven
"He's no failure.  He's not dead yet" --William Lloyd George

begin:vcard
fn:Rick von Richter
n:von Richter;Rick
org:Home Depot Supply;IS
adr:;;10641 Scripps Summit Ct.;San Diego;CA;92131;USA
email;internet:rickv@xxxxxxx
title:Senior UNIX Systems Admin
tel;work:858-831-2222
tel;fax:858-831-2221