Re: spam filters

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 08:44:27AM -0600, hanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am finally taking time to figure out procmail to filter
> email and have been reading sites for various spam filters
> that work with procmail like junkfilter and spambouncer.
> I was wondering which ones people liked or disliked that

I just do my own. I use procmail behind bogofilter (Baysein spam
filter on sourceforge). The single best rule  _for me_ is to use a
whitelist of friends, cohorts, partners in crime, etc, and then nuke
all HTML mail. Most of the bad stuff is HTML. I get 99+% this way on
2000+ spams per week. Also, real high virus control (not that they can
hurt me, but its just more junk).

Procmail is way too cool not to use it as much as possible (at least
if you have to wade through lots of mail).

--
Hal Burgiss