Re: install apache 2.0 - source or rpm?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:42:12AM -0800, j.travis wrote:
> > I am trying to build an apache 2.0.48 rpm for
> > RedHat 9 like this:
> >

> One thing I have had a heck of a time with is getting Apache 2.0.48 to
> jive with the default openssl packages on RedHat 9.0 .  So if you will
> allow me to rephrase your question into one that I have a keen interest
> in...

> with SSL as a
> shared module & with the default openssl libraries provided with RedHat
> 9.0? " <<<

When I compiled form source, I had the same problem and it
has to do with search locations.

I think this might be your solution (found on the web somewhere):

OpenSSL as of 0.9.7 does support Kerberos integration, but it is turned
of by default (for the reasons you just experienced).
It is a build time option.
For some reason whatsoever RedHat decided to build with kerberos enabled
but to put required files for development into locations not searched
by default.

so I had to use this in the .configure for Apache

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/kerberos/lib