Re: install apache 2.0 - source or rpm?

> > with SSL as a
> > shared module & with the default openssl libraries provided with
RedHat
> > 9.0? " <<<
>
> When I compiled form source, I had the same problem and it
> has to do with search locations.
>
> I think this might be your solution (found on the web somewhere):
> so I had to use this in the .configure for Apache
> CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/kerberos/lib
---

I must admin that I had high hopes for those flags.  Using them, the
configure and make will run without a hitch, but I am still getting the
same error message that has perplexed me from day one:

"Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: X509_free"

Unfortunately this error message seems to be the result of a such a wide
variety of issues that it is difficult to google for...