RH9 VSFTP Chroot Problem

Hi there,

I'm running RH9 with VSFTP and I'm trying to make it so that FTP users are restricted to their home directories only.

I've done as everywhere I've looked says to do, but it does not work:

In /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf:

----------
chroot_list_enable=YES
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
chroot_local_user=YES
--------

And now when I ftp in it simply puts everyone in the root / directory and doesn't let the go into any directory.

I've even tried with just like this:

----------
#chroot_list_enable=YES
#chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
chroot_local_user=YES
--------

And I'm always starting and stopping the vsftpd service.

The homedirectories are correct in the /etc/passwd file and if I SSH in as the users it does put them in their home directories.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a VSFTP bug in RH9?

Can someone enlighten me?

Also I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to setup a non local user ftp server (not allowing local users and how/where to store the ftp users/passwords).

Do you Yahoo!?