SUMMARY: Trouble with GRUB and multiple HD's

Ok,

Problem solved. The moral of the story is twofold:

1) Use a SCSI card with an embedded BIOS. It works and makes life so much easier.
2) If you think you've read the docs (and it still doesn't work) then re-read to
ensure you've got it right. In my case the GRUB manual specifically says (Your
MOBO BIOS must recognize all drives!!! Mine didn't  but the kernel did as soon
as it initialized the SCSI card/drives) :-(

Many thanks to both Otto Haliburton and Pete Nesbitt both of whom provided many
good recomendations. Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Harry

--