Re: SSH authenticate root and nonroot user

At 22:46 2/4/2004, you wrote:
You're right, on a new install, wheel is not used (only root is a member), so
it would work fine. I was just being paranoid.

Paranoid is good.

Does the group wheel actually hold any significance access wise or is it just
traditionally used for members with root level tasks, and manually given
those rights through filesystem permissions?

Beats me. As I said, all I was told waaaaay back then was "wheel are the people who can become root." This may have been right, wrong, or incomplete... but that's all my head has in it on the topic. :-)

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com