Re: SSH authenticate root and nonroot user

On February 4, 2004 08:05 pm, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 21:27 2/4/2004, you wrote:
> >And not to get into a one up or anything, but if you created a su-users
> > group for those users, you would avoid spilling any other access the
> > wheel group may have.
>
> Is there any other access given to wheel? I was under the impression that
> the group was pretty much "those who can become root" but had fallen into
> disuse...
>

> --
> Rodolfo J. Paiz
> rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.simpaticus.com

You're right, on a new install, wheel is not used (only root is a member), so
it would work fine. I was just being paranoid.
Does the group wheel actually hold any significance access wise or is it just
traditionally used for members with root level tasks, and manually given
those rights through filesystem permissions?
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce