Re: ClamAV or another?

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ed Wilts wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:21:29AM -0800, Mike McMullen wrote:
> > Because of budget I plan on using MailScanner and
> > ClamAV to start with. My goal is to see how that does
> > and move eventually to MailArmor when we have
> > some more revenue come in.
>
> One of the packages you may be interested in is mailscanner-mrtg.  This
> allows you to monitor your mail queues and quickly spot your reject rate
> - whether it's spam, virii,or other.
>
> You can get more info at http://mailscannermrtg.sourceforge.net/
> It's free, works on multiple distributions (including RHL 7.3), and
> started up for me in only a few minutes.

Although it's a little harder to setup the MailWatch program is excellent.
It keeps stats on all mail and allows you to do queries on virtually
anything you want since mail parameters are saved in a mysql database.
You want to see which domains sent you the most mail, spamassassin score
distributions, virus pie charts, etc.

You can also relearn spam as ham, view/release quarantined mail, check
your MailScanner conf file, run SpamAssassin --lint, etc.

It's a great package if you're already running MailScanner and
SpamAssassin.  BTW, it was announced today that there have been over
200,000 downloads of MailScanner!

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer