Re: ClamAV or another?

Mike McMullen wrote:

Well I have several email accounts on this system. Does it scan incoming
email
at the inbound sendmail level or when a message is downloaded to a mailbox
via popd or imapd? I  need something that checks as the message is coming
in.
I don't have control of the user agents.

We use MIMEDefang (http://www.mimedefang.org/) to scan incoming and outgoing mail. It's free (open source), integrates with Sendmail via Sendmail's Milter interface, and uses the virus scanner of your choice (such as ClamAV). It lets you set up filtering rules in Perl, which means that it might take a bit more work than some of the alternatives (although an example filter is provided), but it's extremely flexible.

Josh Kelley