Re: lbncurses.so.4 issue

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 23:55, Ed Greshko wrote (quoting me):

> > My question is, is there a way to get it to talk to RH8?  I tried
> > opening the "upsd" script, but it's a binary file and I can't look at
> > the source code.  And while Belkin says it's compatible with Linux,
> > there is no documentation on their website, and the documentation on the
> > CD is lousy.
>
> Install ncurses4-5.0-9.  This is on the RH8 CD and provides backward
> compatibility.

Thanks!  That did it.

The problem I have now is this: the device only has a USB port, but the
software that came with it seems to expect a serial port.  I tried
simply changing the output port in the software to /dev/ttyUSB0 but that
didn't seem to work.

When my wife first found the link, the product description said that it
was Linux friendly.  And, indeed, there is a Linux version of the
software on the CD (tested on nothing later than RH 6.2); however, when
I went back to the website, I could find no Linux support anywhere.

If the device has a USB port, and the software expects a serial port, is
there a way to get them talking?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford