Re: SSH authenticate root and nonroot user

On Tuesday 03 Feb 2004 12:23, diego.veiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Better question
>
> I had generated a key with ssh password for user root, the others users are
> accessing the ssh by user and unix password, but how can i do for user root
> only authenticate with the key, not with user and unix password too.

This seems llike an odd thing to want to do. The key doesn't add any extra
security as far as I can see? If you don't mind my asking, why exactly do you
want to do this? are you planning on allowing multiple users to log in
remotely as root?

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE/RHCX