RE: ASUS video problem

Hi Folks!
I am struggling with the graphics card driver of ASUS mother-board with
model no. A7S266-VM. The graphics card is on-board.For more details about the
motherboard go to http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7S266-VM&langs=09 .
If any one has the drivers of the graphics card which works well with RH9
and able to show the output of openGL based program without any distortion
,either mail me( himanshu_arora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)  as an attachment or
give me the link from where I can download it. I have already searched on
google but i didn't find any thing.
Himanshu Arora
IIIT - Hyderabad

I think you'll have to use the SVGA Xserver. This board uses an SIS video chipset, but ASUS doesn't say which one on the website. You might can find the VGA controller to get the chipset number and download an Xserver from SIS, but I think you'll find it is easier to use the SVGA Xserver.

I've used it with other strange video chipsets and my only complain is that the colors are a little off. But it doesn't cause stability problems with X.

Tom

Thomas S. Fortner
Burleson, Texas
thomas.fortner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"but we preach Christ crucified..."  1 Corinthians 1:23