Re: Running AIX binaries on RedHat

Thanks Fred for your input. It seems that the only path remaining for us is
to use the latest ABI module. Does Enterprise RedHat comes with ABI support
(2.4.21)?
    Murtaza

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:06:38PM +1100, Murtaza Hussain wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Does anyone know how to run AIX binaries on RedHat 7.3? Our company has a
proprietry application with binaries for sco and AIX unices. Currently we
are using the 'abi-sco' module to run the sco binaries on redhat 7.3 but
want to run the AIX binaries instead. Does anybody have any suggestions.
Porting the application on RedHat is not an option.
>     Thanks in advance
>     Murtaza

Not unless your binaries were compiled for the (really ancient) version
of AIX for the PC architecture. It hasn't been available in probably a
decade and a half, and probably doesn't conform to any of the portable
standards (iBCS, et al) anyway. Anything newer is not even an x86
binary, so there's no way, Jose.
--
---- Fred Smith --
fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------