Re: subnet routing problem

>It's really not that convoluted. I have two subnets with one
>firewall/router(linksys) to the Internet... If it would make any
>difference, I could disable the DHCP on the laptop and provide only
>static addresses.

I consider what you have convoluted.  It is more complicated than it needs
to be, which is why I did the different layout.

>My girlfriend won't let me have the server/router in the bedroom where
>the linksys router is, so I am pretty much stuck right now...

So, move the Linksys box and/or change the wiring.  It's ethernet.  All of
the pieces do not have to be physically next to each other.

Don't make your network any more complicated than it needs to be.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@xxxxxxxxxx                                /~\ The ASCII
                                                         \ / Ribbon Campaign