Re: Problems with /opt

From:
"Borges, Jenner Gigante (BR-Liberty Paulista)" <JennerB_itjota@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:04:53 -0200
To:
redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Yes, but the problem was that because the listener.log was removed and not just cleaned with > listener.log the tns process was not able to write to the file and I dont know why but the effect was the increasing of the filesystem space , after I reloaded the tns process I got 1.5GB free space on my /opt. Thank you very much for the answer.

Jenner,

When you delete a file held open by some process, the file disappears from view, but the contents are still on the disk, because of the 'open' by the running process. That process can continue to write to the phantom file, encounter disk full errors, etc. When you restarted the tns process, the file was closed, and the system then deleted the contents.

Peter