Still getting NFS lockups

I have 4 Dell Poweredge 1650s. They are all running RedHat 8
with kernel 2.4.18 (yes I know. Its old but upgrading might
require a recompile of my firms processes and retesting them.
Thats pretty tough to do all in one shot for us.)

Two of these machines are running PowerVault 220Ss in a
hardware managed RAID arrays through PERC 3 cards.

One of these PowerVaults hard disk arrays is serving as the
users /home directories and a /data directory as well and I
have the proper export entries in /etc/exports for /data and
/home

These 2 directories are actually on /usr2/home and
/usr2/data on that server.

The other 3 servers can mount /home and /data just fine and
they all have: timeo=14,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr
as thier mount options for those 2 directories.

This morning I came in and shells on all of the 3 servers that
are mounting to /home and /data would lockup hard if
I accessed /home or /data

I did a fuser -m /home and a fuser -m /data and both had
quite a large list of processes.

I had to restart the server running the /home and /data
directories and it hung up shutting down the nfs services.
So I gritted my teeth and hard cycled the power.
Fortunately everything came back up.

But I cant continue to have NFS lockups like this.

Ive done alot of googling and other searches and Ive
read lots of documents but I can not seem to find anything
to point me to the root of this problem.

Any help or pointers to where I can get help would be
greatly appriciated.