Re: Benchmarking tools

Sean Estabrooks wrote:
Hi Herculano,

    Would a shell script using the "ldapsearch" command work for you?   It
should allow you to script a reproducible series of searches.   You should
be able to wrap the searches in a function and use the "time" command for
reporting.    The script could also do multiple runs so that you can
average the results.   Maybe you're looking for something more
sophisticated but I thought i'd throw this out as an idea anyway.

Cheers,
Sean.

Hey Sean,

Thanks a lot for your reply, as usual. What you're suggesting is more or less on the line of what I have been doing, which is using a lua script with the lualdap library, getting results with time and checking gkrellm on the server for illustration.
Gkrellm provides the most relevant output, with CPU usage, disk load and processes, although I don't know how reliable it is. I'm wondering if there is software which will produce precise numbers for these relevant variables on the server side, and integrate the response time statistics with the client side.. anything "more sophisticated", though I'm not so sure what it could be.

Thanks again, mate
--
Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto