RE: pop won't authenticate my password

Thanks, Ben. No, I'm not able to get into my pop server at all either
through the Mozilla client nor through Telnet (see my previous reply to
Rodolfo's message). Is there another way to get into my pop server to
see what's going on?

Yes, I know SMTP is separate, and as I said in my original posting, it's
working fine; I can send messages anywhere. I'm pretty sure I have the
right port for pop, namely 110, just as I know I have the right one of
25 for SMTP. But let me ask you: how would I do as you suggest, "Make
sure the server in your POP3 config is the correct one"?

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
http://McCorduck.ws