RE: pop won't authenticate my password

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 16:44, Ed McCorduck wrote:
> > I'm not sure if you have your user name right.
> > if you normal user name is ed your mail user name should ed
> > as well (not
> > ed@...)
> > regards
> > Roger
> >

> > --
>

> Hi Roger,
>
> Well, that's what it always asks me for whenever I boot Mozilla Mail up
> or want to retrieve my messages. I assumed that "ed@pop" was just saying
> that "ed" was one of the users "@" (i.e. "on") my pop server, i.e. if I
> had another user on my system by the name of "Jasper" and this was set
> up with an account on Mozilla Mail it would ask me for the password for
> "Jasper@pop".
>

> Ed McCorduck
> Department of English
> State University of New York College at Cortland
> ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.
I was not sure because I had never used mozzila mail it just did not
feel right.
However I have just tried it. I have a roger3 test account on my server
So I fired up Mozzila and the mail part of the program.
I went through the account setup and only typed "roger3" when asked by
the user screen during setup and it works fine.
The full e-mail address for that account would be roger3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I use Evolution as my mail reader normally.
Regards Roger