RE: pop won't authenticate my password

> I'm not sure if you have your user name right.
> if you normal user name is ed your mail user name should ed
> as well (not
> ed@...)
> regards
> Roger
>

> --

Hi Roger,

Well, that's what it always asks me for whenever I boot Mozilla Mail up
or want to retrieve my messages. I assumed that "ed@pop" was just saying
that "ed" was one of the users "@" (i.e. "on") my pop server, i.e. if I
had another user on my system by the name of "Jasper" and this was set
up with an account on Mozilla Mail it would ask me for the password for
"Jasper@pop".

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
http://McCorduck.ws