Re: Colored auras around text when using DVI connector

Douglas Alan wrote:
I have a Sony LCD monitor (an SDM-X73, in case that is relevant), and am
trying to use it on Red Hat 9.0 with the monitor's DVI input.  It works
fine for a while, but then something inevitably happens where with black
text on a white or grey background, there are annoying color auras
around the letters.  There are several different colors of aura and
different letters will have different colored auras.  A wide letter,
such as an "m", may have different auras on its different parts.

Some other data that might be relevent:

About the only test you haven't done is the one that will answer the question: Is this a Linux/X Windows issue?

Dare I say it (NO FLAMES please!!!), does this happen under Windows?

Regards,
Ed.