Can't Upgrade to RH9: Doesn't see previous installation.

I'm trying to upgrade my RH 7.2 system to RH9.  When I run the
installation program from the CDROM, I see a message that the install
program is searching for a previous installation.

However, after it does the search, I am only presented w/ installation
choices for "clean"  installations.  The install program does not detect
my previous installation.

Adaptec SCSI controller, Quantum SCSI disk, my /boot partition is on
/dev/sda1, the root partition is on /dev/sda2.  Pretty standard stuff...

Any clues how I fix this?

TIA.

                       Blah Blah Lounge
                   "Park Slope Chat-O-Mat"
             email: blahblahlounge @ bigfoot.com

Info and reviews: http://www.blahblahlounge.biz

 Cosmo Lee     501 11th St (7/8) 	 Brooklyn, NY
	         718-369-BLAH		 F train to "7th Ave"

ZAGAT 2002 NIGHTLIFE GUIDE:

"Nestled on a 'quiet block' this 'hidden gem' might be the nabes
'best-kept secret' when it comes to a 'comfy' setting 'perfect for
conversation'.  Love machines say 'you'll definitely get laid' after a
couple of cocktails here."

Hmmm, I definitely haven't been drinking enough at this place... Oh waitress, two Chocolate Martinis please!

SHECKY'S BAR, CLUB & LOUNGE GUIDE 2002:

"Got a hot date with a girl you're afraid you'll never be able to impress? Fear not, Blah Blah is here to save you. The floral wall decorations and frilly lace curtains make the place feel more like the sitting room in a New England manor than a Brooklyn watering hole. Take a seat in one of the cozy sofas before the fireplace with a cocktail or a coffee and a snack and gab with a friend. Blah Blah is sugar and Spice and everything nice."

Now if only I could find a date...

"Blah Blah Lounge feels like an oasis of downtown Manhattan chic in Park Slope. This is an excellent bar for a date: romantic, candle-lit, hidden away up a side street. It's perfect for Brooklynites looking for an intimate spot close by, and for Manhattanites interested in a romantic but mellow getaway." -NY Times

Standard disclaimer:

Apologies for any grammatical gaffes or silly spellings: these may
be blamed on sleep deprivation or instances of attention deficit
disorder which frequently occurred in English classes.  Any person
peeved by perpetual pesterings such as this posting will be purged
from the list upon petition, pronto.

Suggestions or feedback are welcomed.