Re: Can't Upgrade to RH9: Doesn't see previous installation.

Blah Blah Lounge wrote:

I'm trying to upgrade my RH 7.2 system to RH9.  When I run the
installation program from the CDROM, I see a message that the install
program is searching for a previous installation.

However, after it does the search, I am only presented w/ installation
choices for "clean"  installations.  The install program does not detect
my previous installation.

Adaptec SCSI controller, Quantum SCSI disk, my /boot partition is on
/dev/sda1, the root partition is on /dev/sda2.  Pretty standard stuff...

Any clues how I fix this?

TIA.

The SCSI controller may not be installed at the time of installation. Find out which card it is. For example, if it is an AHA1542, you may be able to switch to another console during installation, and use 'modprobe aha154x' at the command line.

regards,
ed