From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Donald Tyler
Sent: Friday, 9 January 2004 6:09 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Samba File Sharing permissions problem

I couldnt find anything in the smb.conf file that said "security =", all I
found was this:

# Use password server option only with security = server
# The argument list may include:
#   password server = My_PDC_Name [My_BDC_Name] [My_Next_BDC_Name]
# or to auto-locate the domain controller/s
#   password server = *
;   password server = <NT-Server-Name>

-------------------------[ Share

[www]

    comment    =    WWW Test Server
    path           =    /var/www/
    writeable    =    yes

I can get it to work if I set the permissions on the www to allow access to
the user. But I dont understand what the point of having that check box is
if all you have to do is set the file permissions via the file system. It
seems to be that you would be able to set the permissions via SMB seperate
of any file system permissions.