From: redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Donald Tyler
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 11:26 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Samba File Sharing permissions problem

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but I dont have access to my archives at the moment.

I just set up a Samba file share of the \var\www directory and I am not able to create or edit its contents from a windows machine even though I set the permissions to Read/Write.

I can however create and edit files in my home directory from the windows machine.

I would have thought that the file system permissions were not relevant when using the Samba file sharing, or else what would be the point of the Read/Write check box when settings up a file share?

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Donald Tyler