RE: managing passwords

Sites, Brad <mailto:BSites@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:23 PM said:

> If you can get to root, then you can su - to any other account on
> the box without the password.  That cuts the number that you have
> to remember down to a manageable two for your Linux box(es).

Yeah but as someone else pointed out their not all plain linux user
accounts. Here is a list as best I can remember:

sonicwall firewall
domain adminstrator account (windows)
personal windows desktop user
root on two servers (currently not the same password)
mysql root on two servers (currently not the same password)
2 personal email accounts
user to manage door locking system in building
a few mysql users used to connect to different databases

and that's all i can think of, but i know there's a few more. so maybe
not as much as 20, more like 12-15??

a pda would be really nice, but they're so expensive! argh!

chris.