Re: RH9 & Compaq Install problem

On January 4, 2004 03:41 pm, Ken Cole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install RH9 on a Compaq ML380R3 rack mounted server.  The CD
> boots and ask what language and what keyboard but then asks for an
> installation device and cannot see the cd in the cd-rom, or isn't seing the
> cd-rom.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  A boot time loader command?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken

Hi Ken,
It would be helpful to gather some more info so, you should be able to loop
out of the install screen (ctl-alt-F2) to a shell, or F3 & F4 (i think) for
status. There may be useful info there as far as what is failing. When the
error appears on screen, try ctl-alt-F2 then you can use alt-F3, F4, and
maybe F5 to look for:
- errors or failures.
- check that the device is correct (/dev/hdb or  hdc or ...)

If getting the server installed is a main priority, and if you have another
Linux box, throw the iso images on and install via NFS. You can do this by
either booting by floppy or off the cd --askmedia (or something like that,
check the help in the main install screen).
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce