RE: Wild pointer.

I find it to happen 100 percent of the time with my hardware.  It has
been consistent through RH 7.3, 9, and now Fedora.

I have just built the habit of doing the CTRL-ALT-F1/CRTL-ALT-F7 every
time I switch to a Linux box.  I have experimented with several KVM
switches, and they all exhibited the problem for me.

Bill