Re: Possibly Hacked

Simran Hansrai said:

> bash-2.05# ssh -l simran hostname
> simran@hostname's password:
> Read from remote host hostname: Connection reset by peer
> Connection to hostname closed.
> bash-2.05#

It looks to me like your network connection is dropping immediately after
you log in.  I would suspect network issues rather than issues with the
box itself.  At least, that's where I would start looking (but I am by no
means an expert).

This one is a long shot, but I had a similar issue with one of my Solaris
boxes at work.  Turns out the user accounts had been set to expire on
midnight on December 31 and had gotten locked.

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore