Re: Wht's wrong with my DNS config.

hello list,

  thanks steve, first of all i have to appreciate for
your detail description. if you dont mind can you
clarify some of my doubts...

1. while we purchase domain name from my top level
registrators .my, i given 2 name server for my domain
name.

  the primary name server:

      hostname:  www.idesa.net.my
      ipaddress: 219.95.66.106

   the secondary name server:(ISP)
      hostname:  ns3.tm.net.my
      ipaddress: 202.188.0.133

   i just given the secondar name server of my ISP
becoz we taken SDSL line from my ISP. here my ISP is
not pointing or adding any zone records. so is it
necessary to give my ISP address in secondary name
server.?  instead of that i better modify my isp
record and i put idesa.net.my and my server ip just
removing www. so in primary name server hostname will
be www.idesa.net.my 219.95.66.106 and secondary name
server idesa.net.my 219.95.66.106

  does it work.? instead of modifying my zone record
just changing my name server host name where i buy my
domain name.

awaiting for ur reply...

thanks allot,
Kumar