RE: Looking for Gerry Doris--SMTP AUTH Questions

At 20:10 12/29/2003, you wrote:
I got it!  I installed the latest cyrus-sasl libs (2.1.17) and all is up and
running the way it should.  I'm not sure what went wrong with sasl, but at
least it ain't broken no more!

Fantastic. Now, if you have the patience, take a few minutes and go back to see whether you can find things that have changed. Maybe we can figure out some or all of the cause, and help the next guy fix it more quickly.

Thank you Gerry, Rodolfo and sean for the great pointers!  I couldn't have
done it without your help!

Happy to help! Just remember that, in the Linux community, you can ask for all the help you need but you in turn acquire the responsibility to help another newbie later on when you can. :-) You'll find that stubbornly solving your problems as you did in this case will make that time come quickly indeed if it hasn't already.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com